Boat & Crew
“The Hooker” is a fifty-foot custom Carolina boat built by Billy Holton. In 2008 extensive improvements were made to the boat to improve its performance and to create extra comforts for guests.
- The engine room received a major makeover and she was re-powered with a new 1150 horsepower Caterpillar C 18 Acert engine.
- She comes equipped with heating to keep you warm during those winter months of tuna and striper fishing and air conditioning to keep you cool during the hot days of summer
- The salon also hosts a microwave and a stereo with a compact disc player.
- She comes fully rigged with the latest in electronics
- All the tackle you’ll need for a great day of gulf stream fishing.
Your captain, Tom Krauss, has been fishing out of Oregon Inlet for over 30 years and is one of the most respected captains in the business. Tom and his wife Janice have been married for over 30 years and have two daughters, Kristen and Kelly. Capt. Tom likes to go fishing even on his days off so you can bet he’s going to do everything he can to put you “in the bite”.
Down in the cockpit, your mate, Scott Sumners, has all the knowledge and skills to make your day a success. From rigging the baits to hooking the big one, Scott will help make your day aboard “The Hooker” one you’ll never forget.